The Highest Civilian Award of Ivory Coast Honored to President Pranab Mukherjee [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The highest civilian award of the West African country National Order of the Republic of Ivory Coast is honored to President Pranab Mukherjee during his two days visit to Ivory Coast on the second leg of his three-nation African tour.
- And with this Mukherjee becomes the first Indian President to visit Ivory Coast.
- He was honored with this award by Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara.
About National Order of the Republic of Ivory Coast
- National Order of the Republic of Ivory Coast is highest state order of knighthood of the Ivory Coast.
- It was founded on 10th April 1961 to celebrate the objectivity of the Ivory Coast from France in 1960.
- It is state honour awarded to those who have extremely notable themselves to examine the state.
- The Collar is belongs to one of the five grades of the award is awarded solely to foreign heads of state.
About Pranab Mukherjee
- Pranab was born in a Bengali Brahmin family on 11 December 1935 and is the current president of India.
- He was a high - ranking leader of the Indian National Congress and occupied several ministerial portfolios in the Government of India.
- His political career began in 1969. Mukherjee became a Gandhi supporter, and is regularly described as “man for all seasons”.
- He was elected as Defense Minister, Foreign Minister, Commerce Minister, and Finance Minister and secured many other positions as well.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 15, 2016