The Labour Laws (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2015 has approved by President [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Labour Laws (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2015 has been approved by Pranab Mukherjee President of India. To improve 10 Acts related with labour laws the state assembly passed the Amendment Bill, the acts related to labour laws include The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and The Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
- State assembly has passed The Labour Laws (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2015 to motivate industrialization in state.
- State government is authorized to ban strikes in public utility services up to 1 year for first time, it can be later extended up to 2 years for any number of times.
- Add facility called Dispute Settlement for out of court settlement between the laborers and management, it will charged fee to the government.
- According to this Bill the definition of contractor has been replaced to include outsourcing agencies or Redefine contractors, in some cases government Redefine Contractors by itself.
- The Labour Laws Bill, 2015 also includes Payment Wages according to this to be payment of employ should Compulsory paid by cheque in place of cash for establishments employing 20 persons or more.
- These Enable employers without prior notice change nature of jobs.
- Special Economic Zones (SEZs) permitted workers to lifts restrictions sacking on them and payment of compensation for industrial units located in Special Investment Regions (SIR) and National Investment and Manufacturing Zones (NIMZ).
- Published on: December 2, 2015