The Second WCDM started in Visakhapatnam [ Current News (Concise) ]
The second World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM) has started in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu was inaugurated the 4 - day conference and Union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu and Union Minister of State (MoS) for Home Kiran Rijiju was attended that conference.
- The Disaster Management, Infrastructure and Control Society (DMICS) and Andhra Pradesh government cooperatively hosted the association.
- It will also address other issues which are interconnected, complex and rise along with the risks in today’s societies.
- It will also cover technical sessions, paper presentations, exhibitions and cultural events.
- Such kind of association was first held in Hyderabad in 2008.
- In this association the main aim to address and discuss issues such as implementation of the Sendai Framework for disaster risk reduction.
- Various dimensions of natural and manmade risk, Susceptibility and disclosure, their impacts across sectors will also be explored further.
- It will also explore the various efforts and action for building flexibility at all levels.
- It will also give knowledge, experience and discussing operational and strategic level issues for reducing the risks of disasters.
- In the 4 day global meet predictively about 1, 500 delegates and policy makers from about 100 countries are participate. The conclusion of the association will be presented to the government as recommendations.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 23, 2015