The US wins Women’s FIFA World Cup for 3rd time [ Current News (Concise) ]
United States (US) won the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup which US defeated Japan by 5-2 goals score in the World Cup final match played at Vancouver Canada. It is overall third world cup title of US.
US captain and skipper Carli Lloyd scored three goals. Lauren Holiday and Tobin Heath scored one goal each.
2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup Awards -
- Golden Ball Award- Carli Lloyd (US), Amandine Henry (France), Aya Miyama (Japan).
- Golden Boot Award- Celia Sasic (Germany), Carli Lloyd (US), Anja Mittag (Germany).
- Golden Glove Award- Hope Solo (US).
- Young Player Award- Kadeisha Buchanan (Canada).
- Fair Play Award- France.
Women’s FIFA World Cup was established in 1992 (61 years after the men’s first FIFA World Cup held in 1930). After it establishment it was known as Women’s World Cup tournament.
Played every 4 years amongst women’s national football teams of the member states of FIFA. United States of America won for 3 times in 1991, 1999 and 2015 and followed by Germany 2 times (2003, 2007).
- Published on: July 9, 2015