The Web Portal Called NOAPS Launched by Union Tourism Ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Tourism Ministry has launched Web Portal for National Monuments Authority called NOC Online Application and Processing System (NOAPS) to provide easy clearance to get no-objection certificates for applicants.
About the web portal NOAPS:
- NOAPS web portal stands for NOC Online Application and Processing System.
- By launching this web portal, the applicants will be provided their NOCs within six working days and for construction related works, which are near the 3, 686 protected memorials in the country.
- As per the present rules, hundred meters area around the memorial is a prohibited zone.
- While the regulated zone is the area between 100 to 300 meters, for which no-objection certificate is needed for construction-related works.
- The time limit for providing NOC was 90 days.
About key facts of web portal:
- NOAPS will use Indian Space Research Organization’s technology for map-related service, which would give information of area on map.
- To apply for any application, the applicant needs to fill up a single form, which will be sent to the concerned agencies by the local group from whom no objection certificate is required.
- Then in the initial phase, the web portal joins NMA’s portal with the online portal of local bodies of Delhi and Mumbai.
- The Mobile App of this web portal is also developed, which can be downloaded free of cost by any applicant.
- In this mobile application, applicants can use the app to upload the geo coordinates of their plot for which they need NOC to demonstrate that it falls within the prohibited or regulated area of the monument.
- However, the large projects, which involve construction of building more than 2000 square meters, have been reserved out of the preview of this single window clearance system and also it will keep in view for their possible impact on the Monument or the site.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 27, 2016