The first prototype electric bus for MPs has been flagged off by PM Narendra Modi [ Current News (Concise) ]
The first prototype pollution free electric bus for Members of Parliament has been flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Under Make in India campaign of Union Government this bus is introduce it is bus powered by battery.
- It is 15-seater eco-friendly bus which colored in green and blue.
- It has Go Green message on it.
- Lithium battery developed by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has powers it and it is very inexpensive.
- The Union Transport Ministry and Pune-based technology company KPIT has collaborate for this bus.
- It has been transformed from diesel to electric and will be used to carry Parliamentarians.
- 48, 000 kg release of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year cane be save by this soundless bus.
- This is equivalent to planting 2400 plants annually and will also save diesel cost Rs. 10 lakh for a one year.
- Published on: December 22, 2015