The mega rally of Patel for reservation begins with 17,000 cops in Ahmedabad, Gujarat [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Patel Community: The ‘Patel’ is a name of a caste. They can take the lead in resolving problems and implementing ideas. They also used as a surname like Patidar, Bhakta or replaced by an ancestral name. It is ranked to be the 174 most common names.
- The term Patel derives from the word ’ Patidar’, “Pat” which means piece of land.
- “Patel” caste found mostly in Gujarat in India.
About Patidar Anamat Andolan:
- The Patel community is demanding reservations under the OBC quota.
- The Patels are going to begin a mega rally today in Ahmedabad.
- The rally will begin with 17000 cops in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Patel leaders’ call for bandh and the police’s decision to declare some of the main roads as no - go areas and request to the people not to leave house unless in the case of emergency.
- This rally will be organized after a mass gathering at GMDC ground.
- Police commissioner Shivanand Jha arranged safe security arrangements and more than 17, 000 police personnel including 20 superintendents of police, 62 deputy SPs, 244 inspectors, 504 sub - inspectors, 13, 000 constables and head - constables and 817 policewomen would be deployed.
- Thousands of Patel community members have landed in Ahmedabad from different villages, districts of Gujarat.
- Six Command and Control Vehicles with CCTV cameras will be used at the rally. A total of 600 CCTV cameras have been installed in the city.
- Police also organize 20 Bomb Disposal and Detection Squads at the rally.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 27, 2015