The postage stamp has released by Union Government to mark centenary year of ZSI [ Current News (Concise) ]
To mark the Centenary year of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) postage stamp has been Union launched by Government. In New Delhi the postage stamp was launched by Union Communication and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in the presence of Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- Publications of ZSI- the Centenary Souvenir, Centenary Directory and A Glorious 100 are also released by them.
About Zoological Survey of India (ZSI):
- ZSI is the one of the top institution on animal (fauna) taxonomy in India.
- It was established on 1 July 1916.
- The main aim of ZSI is to promote the survey, exploration, research and documentation on various aspects of animal taxonomy in the Indian subcontinent.
- It also fours to improve the knowledge on animal taxonomy.
- It has 16 regional headquarter located at different parts of the country.
- It is works under the guidance of Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
- All the activities of ZSI are organized by the Management and Survey Division of MoEFCC.
- According to the National Biodiversity Act, 2002 section 39 it has been declared as the designated source for the National Zoological Collection.
- The activities organized by ZSI are Study of the fauna of states, of conservation areas, of important ecosystems.
- The status survey of endangered species, fauna of India and ecological Studies & Environmental impact assessments are also carry out by it.
- Published on: December 4, 2015