Third India-Africa forum summit initiates in New Delhi [ Current News (Concise) ]
The four day summit started in New Delhi from 26 October to 30 October 2015. It is one of the largest assemblies of African countries outside Africa as all 54 nations of the continent have contributed. It will discourse the key challenges faced by African nations which include food, health and environmental security etc.
- It Provides India a chance to hearth a positive and deeper association with the resource - rich continent.
- India creates favorable conditions through this summit to arouse trade and investment flows between both the countries.
- Both sides are expecting to strengthen their partnership on the global platform
- It aims to deepen security collaboration including on countering terrorism and nautical security.
About the Logo: It portrays a Lion with one half of an Indian lion and another half of African lion.
- In the contextual of logo, an African map is overlay with Indian map as a reference to ancient Gondwanaland.
- Formally the logo means “Proud, Courageous, Bold and on the Prowl, ready to take on the future and seize every opportunity”.
About India–Africa Forum Summit:
- IAFS is an official platform for the African - Indian relations and is held every 3 years.
- The venue is selected on turning basis from both sides.
- It covers various fields including agricultural sector, trade, industry and investment, peace and security, promotion of good governance and civil society etc.
- First Summit was held in 2008 in New Delhi and was represented by 14 countries.
- Second Summit was held at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and 15 African countries.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 29, 2015