Three new group indices has been introduced by NSE [ Current News (Concise) ]
The three individual indices on three corporate houses of India have been launched by the National Stock Exchange (NSE) which are Tata, Aditya Birla and Mahindra Group. Based on corporate houses it is first its type of three individual indices which have been designed to reproduce the performance of companies belonging to the respective corporate group.
- All the companies of the respective business group have been included by each of three groups.
The three individual indices are:
Nifty Tata Group Index:
- It has total market capitalization of 7.51 lakh crore rupees with 25 companies across 12 sectors.
- In the NSE companies list Tata Group represents 7.83 % of the total market capitalization.
Nifty Aditya Birla Group Index:
- It consists of 8 companies across 7 sectors with the market capitalization of 2.08 lakh crore rupees.
- In the NSE companies list Aditya Birla Group represents 2.17 % of the total market capitalization.
Nifty Mahindra Group Index:
- It has total capitalization of about 1.64 lakh crore rupees with 7 companies with a market.
- In the NSE companies list Mahindra Groups represents 1.71 % of the total market capitalization.
- The NSE’s group company India Index Services & Products Ltd (IISL) has introduces these three indices.
- The company is preparing to introduce indices on other corporate groups and third-party products based on such indices.
- Published on: December 18, 2015