To Plant Trees Alongside Railway Track Indian Railways Signed MoU with Haryana and Punjab [ Current News (Concise) ]
For plantation of trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary the Union Ministry of Railways and Forest Department of Haryana & Punjab have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- The MoU covers way for planting all over the place 5 lakh trees together with Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary earlier to Monsoon Season.
- This agreement covers way developments with respect to afforestation on railway land.
- Indian Railways can donate significantly towards the Green India Mission with this decision.
- Forest department of separate states will offer capability in afforestation and in maintenance and removal of trees.
- The afforestation will help in defensive railway land from illegal infringement.
- It will be no hindrance to railway works and developmental projects because of tree plantation will be done without announcing such land as nearing extinction forest.
- Union Ministry of Railways has requested all Zonal railways to perform similar contract between their zones and disturbed State Forest divisions as early as possible.
- Published on: May 3, 2016