To band citizenship Australia passes Anti-Terrorism law [ Current News (Concise) ]
Australian Citizenship Amendment (Allegiance to Australia) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Australia’s Federal Parliament to band citizenship of guilty persons on terrorism charges. According to the new law government has authority to band dual nationals of their citizenship if they are finding guilty of terrorism offences.
- If anyone founded to have scrapped for banned terrorist group foreign, their citizenship will be automatically dismissed.
- Those who are found engaged in terrorist acts such as providing or receiving training in for carrying a terrorist attack, recruit or finance terrorists (organizations) or terrorism and also the dual nationals would lose their citizenship if the person is find guilty of a terrorism offence and punished for at least 6 years’ of imprisonment.
- If any person is finding guilty according to terrorism in the previous year then the new law has facility to surveying measures and allow canceling of citizenship convicted terrorists.
- The law was supposed compulsory due to current terrorizations around the world including in Australia from banned terrorist outfit Islamic state according to the Australian Government.
- The flow of terrorist trainees to Iraq and Syria to join IS extremist groups from Australia has also progressively concerned.
- Published on: December 8, 2015