Top Police Officers’ Conference has been inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in Gujarat [ Current News (Concise) ]
Official inauguration of the All-India conference of Directors General of Police (AICDGPs) has been done by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Dhordo in white Rann of Kutch region near Bhuj, Gujarat. It will be three days conference and it will be attended by the presence of Union Minister for Home Rajnath Singh, Minister of State for Home Kiran Rijju and Haribhai Patel.
- For the first time annual conference has been organized out of New Delhi and has been organized by Intelligence Bureau (IB).
- All state’s Director General of Police (DGPs), Head of other security agencies, IGs of state/UTs, heads of National Investigation Agency (NIA), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), IB, Narcotics department and various police training are participating in this conference.
- Paramilitary force area of DGS and IGS are Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force-CRPF and Central Industrial Security Force is also participating in the conference.
Key discussion points:
- Police Reforms
- Social Media’s effect on Law and Order
- Disaster management
- Women Safety and tourist police
- Inter-state police coordination etc.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 21, 2015