Twitter Inc CEO Dick Costolo resigns June 13, 2015 [ Current News (Concise) ]
Dick Costolo has resigned as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Twitter Inc after leading the company for five. He plain to step down on 1 July 2015. Twitter co-founder and Square Inc’s CEO will take over as the Interim CEO place of his replacement.
- He was also had pioneered for introducing Twitter’s famous 140 character messaging service which had gained cultural prominence and had become a powerful tool for worldwide celebrities, activists and citizen journalists to propagate their views.
- In 2009, Dick Costolo had joined the company as its Chief Operating Officer (CTO) and later he was appointed as its CEO in 2010. Under the technological leadership of Costolo, Twitter had evolved from a startup to a public company.
- In 2013, Dick Costolo had helped the company to go public and also had struggled to attract new users to the service.
- Twitter was founded in 2006. Twitter is a social media site. At present, it has 302 million active users and has a market value around 25 billion US dollars.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 23, 2015