Twitter Samvad launched for direct communication between Government and Citizens [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Government launched new platform named Twitter Samwad which associated with social networking giant Twitter by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on 24 March 2015 during his meeting with Twitter (Chief Executive Dick Costolo).
- Twitter Samwad launched to purpose of boost the nation’s e-governance plans and facilitate direct communication between leaders, government agencies and citizens.
- At present, 16 government offices, including the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of railways, the Bengaluru Police and the Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal are participating in Twitter Samvad, which is powered by Bengaluru-based ZipDial, which was recently acquired by Twitter.
- Twitter Samvad is based on a digital platform provided by an Indian company ZipDial which was recently acquired by Twitter.
- The Twitter handled accounts of the government and the leaders will be delivered to mobile-phone users every day across the country as text messages.
- Twitter Samwad will also play important role during emergencies by helping government agencies to share live updates, even time-sensitive information on law and order or rescue.
- The government bodies can have a direct communication with citizens on a daily basis via Tweets and SMS on their mobile devices though Twitter Samwad.
- Published on: March 26, 2015