Twitter appoints Jack Dorsey as permanent CEO [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Jack Dorsey: Jack Dorsey was born on 19th November 1976 at St. Louis of Missouri, United States. He is co - founder and CEO of Twitter and also the founder and CEO of Square which is a mobile payments company.
- Square is used to accept debit and credit card payments on a mobile device which was released in May 2010.
- He was entitled as one of the top 35 innovators at the MIT Technology Review TR35 in the world under the age of 35 in 2008.
- The Wall Street Journal honoured him with the “Innovator of the Year Award” for technology in 2012.
About the appointment:
- Twitter has appointed Jack Dorsey as its permanent CEO for second time.
- Jack will replace Dick Costolo, who had resigned in June 2015 and served in this position for five years.
- Costolo will terminate to be chairman of the board of Twitter but will continue to serve as a member of the board.
- Earlier, Costolo was served as Twitter’s president and CEO from May 2007 to October 2008
- He was also served as the Chairman of the board of members of Twitter from October 2008.
- Jack has also served on the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company.
- Adam Bain also appointed as Chief Operating Officer by Twitter.
- He was also served as President of global revenue and partnerships division at Twitter from 2010.
- Published on: October 7, 2015