Two mobile apps for farmers has been launched by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
Two mobile applications have been launched by Union Government which is named as Crop Insuranceand AgriMarket Mobile in order to benefit farmers. Radha Mohan Singh the Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister has lunched these applications in New Delhi at the occasion of celebration of the birth anniversary of former Prime Ministers Choudhary Charan Singh and Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- To provide all relevant information to farmers and other stake holders in real time to create conducive environment for raising farm productivity and income to global levels is the main objective behind introduction of this two applications.
Crop Insurance mobile app:
- Using these application farmers can easily find out complete details about insurance cover available in their area.
- By using these mobile application farmers can calculate the insurance premium for notified crops, coverage amount and loan amount.
- This application will help farmers to get details and information about normal sum insured, premium details, extended sum insured and subsidy information of any notified crop in any notified area.
AgriMarket Mobile app:
- This application will provide total market prices of crops to farmers in the mandi within 50 km radius of the device.
- It has functionality to automatically track the location of person who is using this application and using mobile GPS it fetches the market prices of crops in those markets.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 24, 2015