UBI Launches USSD Based Mobile App for Basic Banking Needs with NPCI [ Current News (Concise) - Science & Technology ]
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) ties up with Union Bank of India (UBI) to launched an USSD based *99# mobile application for their customer. The NPCI is the umbrella organisation for all retail payments system in India.
- Union Bank of India is the bank to introduce Android based mobile application on USSD platform.
- *99# mobile app based on Unstructured Supplementary Service Data and this app takes the USSD service to a new level of customer service.
- It’s provides a user-friendly menu to prepare the USSD command.
- UBI launched this app for providing ease and convenience of banking to our customers.
- This facility can be used widely by all sections of people in the country.
About *99# Mobile App
- *99# app is the potential of mobile banking and the need for small value immediate transfers.
- This app will help in financial developing and inclusion of under banked population in the mainstream banking services.
- This app was dedicated to the nation as a part of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY).
Features of *99# Mobile App:
It provides basic banking transactions like:
- Checking account balance
- Sending money
- Mobile PIN (MPIN) management
- Does not require any data or internet connection for performing transactions.
- Available in various languages.
It provides Value Added Services like:
- Checking Aadhaar linked Overdraft status
- PMJDY account Overdraft status
- USSD: Unstructured Supplementary Service Data
- USSD used between a mobile phone and an application program to send text in the network.
- USSD can be used for:
- Published/Last Modified on: August 17, 2016