UN Going to Observe 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar [ Current News (Concise) ]
On April 13, 2016 for the first time, United Nations (UN) is going to celebrate the birth anniversary of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, father of the Indian Constitution (a day before his date of birth).
The main aim behind this observance is fighting disparities to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- At the UN headquarters in New York by the Permanent Mission of India to the UN, in association with the Kalpana Saroj Foundation and Foundation for Human Horizon, the 125th birth anniversary Dr. Ambedkar will be commemorated.
On the occasion:
- On the topic “Combating inequalities for the achievement of SDGs” a panel discussion will be organized.
- The main aim will be of levitation awareness of the importance of addressing all forms of inequality for achieving the SDGs.
- And on this occasion United Nations Development Group Chair and Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme Helen Clark will deliver the keynote speech.
- The landmark 2030 Program for SDG recognizes that battling dissimilarity within and among countries, creating sustained, comprehensive and supportable growth and development presence are dependent.
- Achieve social justice and equality also finds resonance in the core message of the 2030 Agenda, which was the vision of Dr. Ambedkar, the architect of the Indian Constitution.
- Published on: April 11, 2016