UNIDO Report That India Ranks 6th Top-10 Manufacturers List in 2015 [ Current News (Concise) ]
About UNIDO: UNIDO stands for United Nations Industrial Development Organization. It is aimed to promote industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability.
UNIDO’s four enabling functions are:
- Technical operations,
- Analytical and research functions and policy advisory services,
- Normative functions and standards and quality-related activities and
- Convening and partnerships for knowledge transfer, networking and industrial cooperation.
About the report of 6th rank of India by UNIDO:
- UNIDO reports that India ranked sixth among the world’s Top-Ten largest manufacturing countries in the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) 2015 Yearbook.
- Earlier India was ranked at ninth position in previous report, so India has jumped by three positions to sixth position.
- Top 5 countries are: China, United States, Japan, Germany and South Korea.
- Indonesia was placed at the bottom at the tenth position.
- In India, Manufacturing Value Added has grown by 7.6 % in 2015 compared to the year 2014.
- Quarterly index of industrial production (IIP) has grown by 1 % of manufacturing output in the fourth quarter of 2015 compared to the same period of the year 2014.
- Globally the growth rate of manufacturing production has slowed to 2.8 % in 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 4, 2016