URJA Mobile App Launched by Union Ministry of Power [ Current News (Concise) ]
‘URJA’- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile application has been launched by the Union Ministry of Power for Urban Power Distribution Sector, in this regard Piyush Goyal the Union Power minister has launched this app on the side-lines of two day conference of Power Ministers at Cansaulim in South Goa.
- Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has developed this mobile app on behalf of Union Ministry of Power.
- The main objective behind the launch of this app is to improve consumer connect with the Urban Power Distribution sector by providing information of IT permitted towns.
- The app will work as demonstration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s principle of good governance i. e. People focus, co-operative federalism.
- Using these app users can get information of performance of their town, State level DISCOMs on altered parameters with their ranking, incomplete consumer complaints.
- It will also offer information on usual percentage of users making e-Payments, power cuts and power loss or theft.
- The app will also provide information on many schemes and creativities started by the Union Government to increase the power supply.
- Published on: June 21, 2016