Us Announced to Allow Work Permits to Spouses of H-1B Visa Holders from May 2015 (Download PDF)

Doorsteptutor material for CLAT is prepared by world's top subject experts: fully solved questions with step-by-step explanation- practice your way to success.

The United States announced to allow work permits to spouses of H-1B visa holders from 26 May 2015. It will also benefit of thousands talented and professional Indian spouses who have settled in America but are not able to work.

  1. Before, spouses of H-1B visa-holders were not eligible to work but according to the new rule from May 2015, spouses will be permitted by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and USCIS will begin accepting applications for work visas from H-1B spouses.
  2. As per new rule, H-1B visa holders spouse has to submit Form I-765 to USCIS when once form is accepted by USCIS then H-4 dependent spouse will be granted an Employment Authorization Card to start working in US.
  3. The conditions include that the principal H-1B worker must have an approved I-140 or be currently on an extended H-1B status beyond the six-year limitation based upon an I-140 petition application pending for at least 365 days.
  4. It is going to benefit more than 1.80 lakh in the first year and 54,000 annually in subsequent years especially for Indian citizen.

- Published/Last Modified on: March 2, 2015

Govt. Schemes/Projects

Developed by: