UltraTech Purchases Jaypee Cement Units for Rs 15.9k Crore [ Current News (Concise) ]
About UltraTech and Jaypee cements: UltraTech Cement Limited is India’s biggest cement company located at Mumbai of Maharashtra, India. It is part of Aditya Birla group and also division of Grasim Industries which is a manufacturing company.
- UltraTech Cement was awarded with ‘Super brand Cement Status’. Its products include Ordinary Portland cement, Portland blast furnace slag cement, white cement and Portland Pozzolana cement.
- Its brands include UltraTech Cement, Birla White, UltraTech Ready Mix Concrete, UltraTech Xtralite, UltraTech Building Solution.
- Jaypee produces special mixture of Portland Pozzolana Cement under the brand name ′Jaypee Cement′ PPC.
About Units purchases by UltraTech:
- Kumar Mangalam Birla-led Ultratech purchases Jaypee cement units for Rs. 15, 900 crore which is the biggest deal in domestic cement industry.
- The deal will show that Ultratech become possibly the biggest cement player in the country after achievement of an overall capacity of 21.2 million tonne per annum from Jaypee’s cement plants across five states.
- By this deal, capacity of Ultratech will rise to 91.1 MTPA, including its external tasks.
- The total initiative value of deal is Rs. 15, 900 crore and an additional amount of Rs. 470 crore will be paid by UltraTech for completion of the crushing unit under implementation.
- Published on: April 1, 2016