Union Cabinet Allocates Rs 12,000 Crore to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana [ Current News (Concise) - Government Schemes ]
Union Cabinet allocates Twelve thousand crore rupees to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). The funds will be used to impart skilling to one crore people over next 4 years (2016 - 2020).
- The PMKVY impart skill training to 60 lakh youths and certify skills of 40 lakh persons acquired non-formally under the recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- In this scheme, skill training would be aligned to the National Skill Qualification Framework and based on industry led standards.
- Scheme for providing to domestic skill needs will also focus on skill training aligned to international standards for external employment in European and Gulf countries etc.
- In undergoing training in high end job roles there will be providing scholarship for student.
- Training Centres will be categorized on the basis of their infrastructure, training capacity, past performance and other relevant parameters.
- Third party agencies will be also organized to validate their training efforts and placement records.
- For the youth residential programmes will be promoted from north-eastern States, Kashmir Valley, Leh region and Left-wing extremism-affected districts.
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- PMKVY is skill certification and reward scheme.
- It is the leading outcome-based skill training scheme of the Union Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
- PMKVY trainees who are successfully trained, evaluated and certified in skill courses run by affiliated training providers will be provided with monetary reward.
- Independent valuation agency appointed by Sector Skill Council.
Objective of the scheme:
- The scheme objective is to assist and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up outcome based skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
Features of PMKVY:
- Published/Last Modified on: July 15, 2016