Union Cabinet Approves Signing of Air Services Agreement Between India and Mozambique [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved India and Mozambique signing Air Services Agreement. Currently there is no Air Services Agreement between India and Mozambique.
- To promote the air connectivity between India and Mozambique for that MoU will be sign.
- In 2011 two sides had originated process of consultation for finalize the text of Air Services Agreement.
- Air Services Agreement (ASA) draft text was finalized in consultation with:
Air Services Agreement (ASA) draft text was finalized in consultation with:
- Union Ministry of Finance
- Union Ministry of External Affairs
- Union Ministry of Law & Justice
Features of the Agreement:
- Each party will multiple designate of Airlines.
- Designated Airline of respectively party can enter into cooperative marketing arrangements with the designated carriers of same party, other party and Third party.
- Agreement allows designated airlines of each country will be able to establish offices in the region of other country for the promotion and sale of air services.
- Designated airlines of the two countries will have rational and equal opportunity to activate the agreed services on specified ways.
ASA also has provisions related to revocation or suspension like:
- Operating authorization
- Principles governing operations of agreed service
- Commercial opportunities
- Safety and security related clause
- Published on: July 21, 2016