Union Cabinet Permits the Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin [ Current News (Concise) - Government Schemes ]
About Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana: Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana will provide financial help for construction of pucca houses to all houseless and households living in decrepit houses. The spending in implementing the project is Rs. 81975 crore in a span of 3 years from 2016 - 17 to 2018 - 19.
- It is planned to provide help to one crore households for construction of pucca house.
- This Yojana will be implemented in rural areas in the country except in Delhi and Chandigarh.
- The persons who got help will be identified using Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) -2011 data confirming total clearness and impartiality.
- The cost of houses would be mutual between Centre and States Governments in the ratio of 60: 40 in plain areas and 90: 10 for North Eastern and hilly states.
- Under this scheme, Gram Sabha will be responsible to check annual list of beneficiaries from the total list through participatory process.
- Funds will be transferred electronically to the account of the beneficiary.
- The payment progress will be track by the app and inspection will be done through mobile app.
- Nearby suitable house designs will be mainly adept to address the natural disasters.
- The beneficiary is allowed to 90 days of unskilled labour from MGNREGA.
- This will be confirmed through server linkage between PMAY and MGNREGA.
- The additional requirement of building materials, bricks using cement soothed earth or fly ash will be taken up under MGNREGA.
About the permission from Union cabinet:
- The Union Cabinet permits the implementation of the rural housing scheme of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin.
- During the President’s speech in the Joint Session of Parliament in May 2014, he announced that every family will have a pucca house with water connection, 24×7 electricity supply, toilet facilities by nation completes 75 years of its Independence (by 2022).
- Published/Last Modified on: March 28, 2016