Union Cabinet gave its approval for the Approach and Key Components of e-Kranti [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Union Cabinet chaired by the PM Narendra Modi gave its approval for the Approach and Key Components of e-Kranti: National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) 2.0. e-Kranti is an important part of the Digital India programme which launched by PM modi and the programme has been envisaged by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
Objectives of e-Kranti: National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) 2.0.-
- To redefine NeGP with transformational and outcome oriented e-Governance initiatives.
- To ensure optimum usage of core Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
- To make use of more agile implementation models.
- To promote rapid replication and integration of eGov applications.
- To leverage emerging technologies.
- To enhance the portfolio of citizen centric services.
Principles of e-Kranti: National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) 2.0.-
- Transformation and not Translation, ICT Infrastructure on Demand,Cloud by Default, Mobile First, Fast Tracking Approvals, Mandating Standards and Protocols and Language Localization
- Integrated Services and not Individual Services, National GIS (Geo-Spatial Information System), Security and Electronic Data Preservation.
- Government Process Reengineering (GPR) to be mandatory in every Mission Mode Projects (MMPs)
The e-Kranti: National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) 2.0. Mission is to ensure a Government wide transformation by delivering all Government services electronically to citizens through integrated via multiple modes, while transparency and reliability of such services at affordable costs.
- Published on: March 31, 2015