Union Cabinet gives nod to Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) [ Current News (Concise) - Government Schemes ]
Union Cabinet meeting headed by P M Narendra Modi approved Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) or PM’s Agriculture Irrigation Scheme. PMKSY (Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana) is central scheme (each and every farmer) that aims at providing irrigation facilities to every village in the country by converging ongoing irrigation schemes implemented by various state ministries.
- PMKSY scheme will focus on ‘end-to-end solution’ in irrigation supply chain by implementing new programme in a “project mode” with decentralized state-level planning and execution for each and every farmer in country.
- Centre government will be funded to provide 75% and other 25 % fund will be provided States government while in case of north-eastern region and hilly states it will be 90:10.
- Promoting extension activities related to see ‘on farm water management and crop alignment’ for farmers as well as grass root level field functionaries.
- Nodal agency for implementation of PMKSY projects will be state agriculture department. Inter-ministerial National Steering Committee (NSC) will periodically review these projects. Budgetary allocation: 1,000 crore rupees for fiscal year 2015-16.
- Ensure access to some means of protective irrigation to all agricultural farms in the country in order to produce ‘per drop more crop’ to bring desired rural prosperity.
- PMKSY scheme will launched states in the process of planning and executing irrigation projects in order to ensure water to every farm.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 6, 2015