Union Commerce Ministry Launches E-Marketplace Portal for Goods Procurement [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Commerce Ministry has launched an e-marketplace portal for online purchase of goods and services by various central government ministries and departments. It was launched by the Union Minister of State (MoS) Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.
- E-marketplace portal objective is to bringing in more transparency and restructuring the government attaining of goods and services.
- Through the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D) e - marketplace portal has been developed.
- Using this portal all the government departments and ministries can obtain goods and services.
- It is needed to upload the demands of common user goods and services required by government buyers.
- It will help to aggregate demand which will lead to lower prices, better choices and faster procurement.
- The Department of Electronics and IT has also played a very big role.
- E-commerce is a fast growing industry in the country.
Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D):
- It is department under the Union Commerce Ministry and carries out the government procurement.
- To bring in transparency the DGS&D has worked on it very hard.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 19, 2016