Union Government Constitutes DISHA for Implementation of Central Schemes [ Current News (Concise) - Policies & Governance ]
The Centre has announced the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) for effective development and coordination of Central Government’s programme. It will be known as DISHA and first meeting will be held on August 13, 2016.
- The main purpose of this committee will be to coordinate withCentral and state governments and local Panchayats.
- DISHA was created for effective coordination and development of Central Government’s programme for infrastructure development, Social and human resource development.
- The Chairperson of the committee will be the senior most Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) elected from the district, nominated by the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- Itwill be made to ensure the participation of people’srepresentative at all levels and successful implementation of flagshipprogramme of central government.
Terms of references of DISHA
- All Central Government programmes are implemented in accordance with the guidelines.
- It will look into complaints and alleged irregularities received in the operation of the programmes. In this regard it will have authority to summon and inspect any record.
- May refer any matter for enquiry to the District Collector/CEO of the Zilla Panchayat and Project Director of DRDA (or Poverty Alleviation Unit).
- It can also suggest suitable action to be taken in accordance with the rules,
- which District Collector or CEO should act upon within 30 days.
- Review the flow of funds including the funds allocated, funds released by both Union Government and the State.
- It will also review utilization and unspent balances under each Scheme.
- Published on: August 2, 2016