Union Government Constitutes Expert Panel for Assessment of Specific Relief Act, 1963 [ Current News (Concise) ]
About constitution of expert panel: The Legislative Department of Union Law Ministry has established an expert committee to review the Specific Relief Act, 1963. This constitution includes chairman and 5 members.
- It will submit its report within three months that means till April 2016.
About the responsibility of the committee:
- The committee has been responsible to observe the Act of the situation of present scenario including many issues and various provisions.
- The present scenario issues primarily include contract based organization development, public and private businesses and other public projects like enforceability of the contracts and huge investments.
- The review of the Act will guarantee about ease of doing business as it has been not modified since its initiation.
About Specific Relief Act, 1963:
- It is an Act of Parliament of India and large number of remedial aspects of law.
- It came into force in the replacement of the earlier Act of 1877.
- Specific relief is only provided for the violation of a legal right.
- Published on: February 1, 2016