Union Government Has Constructed 11 Member Panel to Relook Defence Spend [ Current News (Concise) - Defense ]
11 members committee has been constituted by Union Government to recommend measures to develop the combat capabilities of the equipped forces and re-balance the general defence expenditure. Lt Gen D B Shekatkar (retd) will head the 11-member committee.
- It also comprises numerous top soldierly officers as well as civilian experts.
- The complete purpose of the committee is to confirm battle competences Indian armed forces and improve their possible with a better teeth-to-tail battle ratio, within budgetary constraints.
- It also seeks to ensure thinner and cost-effective aggressive forces of India.
- The committee was established owed to the current income component (day-to-day costs/salaries) in the defence budget.
- The revenue component generally surpasses the capital expense every year and plants a very little for new modernization projects for the armed forces.
- Kargil conflict, Union Government is trying to follow a policy of ‘save and raise’ to expand combat capabilities without manpower upsurges since the 1999.
- For this government is concentrating on modernization and introduction of cutting-edge technologies, for optimization of manpower.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 23, 2016