Union Government Has Issues Indian Intellectual Property Panorama [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Intellectual Property Panorama: The IP Panorama is a single window interface for information on Intellectual Property and guidance on leveraging it for competitive advantage. It can be accessed at http://ict-ipr.in/index.php/ip-panorama.
About Indian IP Panorama:
- The Indian IP Panorama is a modified version of IP Panorama Multimedia toolkit which was developed by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) and Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA).
- This toolkit has been modified to provide the start-ups and SMEs (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) especially to India’s ICTE (Information and Communication Technology Enterprises) sector, based on an agreement signed between DeitY and WIPO.
- So, the Indian IP Panorama is an adapted version of WIPO’s original product which has been enclosed in with the agreement of Indian IP laws, standards and needs of the Indian ICTE sector.
- Union Government has issues it to increase awareness and construct understanding towards IP in the SME sector, academe and researchers.
About 5 modules of the Indian IP Panorama:
- Importance of IP for SMEs,
- Industrial design,
- Invention and Patent and
- Patent Information.
These modules developed under the aegis of Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in close coordination with the Indian IP office.
World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) is the international organization for promotion and protection of intellectual property rights (IPR) and it is headquartered in Geneva of Switzerland.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 4, 2016