Union Government Launches MAA, Nation-Wide Breast Feeding Programme [ Current News (Concise) - Policies & Governance ]
Government launched a nation-wide programme MAA – (Mothers’ Absolute Affection) for promoting breastfeeding. Union Health Minister J P Nadda launched this programme. Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit is brand ambassador of this campaign.
- The objective of the programme is to enhance optimal breastfeeding practices.
About the MAA programme:
- This programme is creating a supporting environment to ensure that mother, husband and families receive suitable information and support for promotion of breastfeeding.
- For this Programme Ministry has allocated 30 crore rupees and for each district will be allotted 4.3 lakh rupees.
- This fund will be allocated for the implementing the various activities in MAA programme.
- Main components of the MAA Programme are:
- Enhances immunity level in the child
- Help to reduce the child mortality rate
- Important involvements for child survival
- Prevented Around 20 percent newborn deaths and 13 percent under-five deaths by breastfeeding.
- Breastfed infant also have higher intelligence quotient.
Prevent child deaths associated with Diarrhoea and Pneumonia
- Published on: August 8, 2016