Union Government and Amar Chitra Katha Inked MoU [ Current News (Concise) ]
Amar Chitra Katha and the Union Ministry of Urban Development have inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on publishing and distribution of comic book focusing on Swachh Bharat Mission to generate more awareness among children by a simple and attractive way.
- The book will be of 32-pages with messages related to sanitation and solid waste components of Swachh Bharat Mission in both English and Hindi language.
- This will be series of inspirational stories from the Swachh Bharat mission including subjects such as cleanliness rankings of cities, public figures, environmental impact and ambassadors.
- The book will include inspirational stories of individuals and organizations for children based on the concept of “Swachhata” (cleanness) along with interactive workbook of tips and tricks which will guide children to clean their own areas.
- The book will also include guide line about how to organize community cleanliness drives.
About Amar Chitra Katha
- Amar Chitra Katha is the highest comic book series seller of India with publishing more than 400 comics in 20 languages based on stories of Indian epics, mythology, history, folklore, and fables.
- Anant Pai has founded Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd in 1967 and India Book Hoses is its publishing house.
Swatch Bharat Mission
- SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 October 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi, on the occasion of the 145th birthday of The Father of Our Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
- Until now it is the biggest ever cleanliness drive of India.
- Around 3 million government schools, colleges and employees of India participated in this event.
- The Objective of this campaign is to “Clean India” by 2nd October, 2019, 150th birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Narendra Modi has introduced many programs under this campaign to support this Abhiyan.
- Published on: September 5, 2016