Union Government announced E-tourist visa to Chinese nationals [ Current News (Concise) ]
About e-tourist visa: The Electronic Travel Authorization facility became operational on 27 November 2014 for citizens of over 40 eligible countries, including those who are eligible for visa on arrival.
- It is mainly issued for tourism, visiting friends and family, short duration medical treatment and business visits.
- This scheme was renamed as e-Tourist Visa (eTV) on 15 April 2015.
- In this scheme an applicant receives an email authorizing him/her to travel to India after it is approved.
- On arrival, the visitor has to present the authorization to the immigration authorities who will in turn allow them to enter into the country.
- Recently, Union Government has announced to roll out e-tourist visa facility to Chinese nationals from July 30, 2015.
- This facility of e-tourist visa will also provide to Hong Kong and Macao nationals along with Chinese citizens.
- This facility was announced by PM Narendra Modi during his visit to China in May 2015.
There are some issues of stapled visa by Chinese to Indian citizens from Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, and then also PM Modi made this announcement for Chinese nationals.
In India e-Tourist Visa allows arrival at the following 9 airports:
- Published/Last Modified on: July 30, 2015