Union Government decided to develop Bodhgaya as Spiritual Capital [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Bodhgaya: Bodh Gaya is a spiritual place of journey for people. It is related with the Mahabodhi Temple Complex in Gaya district of Bihar, India. It is the place where Gautama Buddha got explanation about what developed known as the Bodhi Tree.
- Bodh Gaya is the most important of the main four journey places related to the life of Gautama Buddha.
- The other three journey places are Kushinagar, Lumbini, and Sarnath.
- Mahabodhi Temple which is located in Bodh Gaya became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002.
About development as spiritual capital:
- Union Government decided to develop Bodhgaya as Spiritual Capital of the country.
- Its aim is to serve the civilizational bond between India and the Buddhist world.
- It was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing representatives from 90 countries on the concluding day of the International Buddhist meeting held at Bodh Gaya.
- Published on: September 8, 2015