Union Government extends e-Tourist Visa Scheme to 37 more countries [ Current News (Concise) ]
About e - Tourist Visa: A valid passport and visa are required for travel to India. The Indian government now offers two options for tourists: A traditional tourist visa or an e - Tourist Visa (e - TV) which issued electronically.
- A traditional Indian tourist visa is stamped inside the traveler’s passport.
- The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) facility became operational for citizens of over 40 eligible countries on 27th November 2014, including those who are eligible for visa on arrival.
- The list has been further expanded to 113 countries, as on 15th August 2015.
- ETA is issued for tourism, visiting friends and family, short duration medical treatment and business visits.
About extent of 37 countries:
- Union Government has announced to extend e - Tourist Visa Scheme to 37 more countries to invite maximum foreign tourists in the country.
- It was announced by Vinod Zuthsi, Secretary of Union Tourism Ministry.
- Now, total 150 countries will come under the range of e - Tourist Visa Scheme from present 113 countries.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 15, 2015