Union Government extends term of ED Director Rajan S Katoch for three months [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Rajan Katoch: Dr. Rajan S. Katoch is an IAS officer. He is also serves as an Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor of National Textile Corporation Limited. Dr. Katoch serves also as an Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser of Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- He served as a Director of The State Trading Corporation of India Ltd. from December 20, 2010 to May 30, 2012.
- He served as a Government Nominee Director of MMTC Ltd. from December 7, 2010 to May 22, 2012.
About extension of his role:
- Union Government has extended term of him for three months as the Director of the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi issued an order hoe this term.
- Mr. Katoch will have three months additional tenure till October 31, 2015.
About Enforcement Directorate:
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) is a law implementation agency and economic intelligence agency.
- It was established on 1st June 2000.
- It includes Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) officers.
- Its responsibility is for implementing financial laws and fighting to financial crime in India.
- It runs under the guidance of Department of Revenue of Union Ministry of Finance.
- ED implements civil law of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA) and criminal law of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002 to deal with black money and hawala trade cases.
- Published on: August 4, 2015