Union Government has launched telemedicine ‘Sehat’ to provide healthcare facilities in rural areas [ Current News (Concise) ]
About launching of ‘Sehat’: Union Government has launched a telemedicine enterprise called as ‘Sehat’ to provide healthcare facilities in rural areas in partnership with Apollo Hospitals.
- Sehat was launched by Union Announcement and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad at a function held in New Delhi.
About Sehat enterprise:
- It will try to find to provide quality and affordable healthcare services to the citizens in rural areas anytime they needed.
- People will be able to refer doctors through video link and also order generic drugs in Sehat.
- It will use Common Service Centres for transporting tele - consultation services with support from Medanta and Apollo Hospitals.
- CSCs will sponsor sale of generic drugs through partnership with Union Health Ministry by setting up Jan Aushadhi Stores and also provide diagnostic services.
- This enterprise has been extended to 60, 000 Centres across the country for the telemedicine consultation services in the rural areas.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 31, 2015