Union Government launches IAP HealthPhone programme [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi has launched IAP (Indian Academy of Pediatrics) HealthPhone programme in New Delhi. It is the world’s largest digital mass education programme to address malnutrition in women and children: Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Supported by Vodafone India.
- Bollywood Actor Aamir Khan is support partner and brand ambassador of this programme.
- IAP HealthPhone programme aims at tackle the challenge of malnutrition in mothers and children across India.
- Vodafone India will encourage the viewing of the four videos by enabling its customers to view/download them for free. It will also provide its users with incentive talk time of Rs.10 on viewing the 4 videos.
- It will promote and distribute four re-edited videos from the Poshan (nutritional videos) series in 18 Indian languages, which are jointly produced by Union Ministry WCD and UNICEF.
- IAP HealthPhone programme is three-year intensive awareness and is expected to benefit to improve health of around 60 million children born by 2025 in India.
- Published on: June 8, 2015