Union Government launches PMKKKY for people affected by mining [ Current News (Concise) ]
About PMKKKY: PMKKKY stands for Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana. It is launched by the Union Government. Aim of this launch is for safety of people who are affected by mining related operations.
- It will provide the fund collected by District Mineral Foundations to affected people.
- It will moderate the opposing effects by mining operation on the health and environment.
- It also searches the ways to find long - term supportable funds for the affected people in mining areas.
- It will also implement welfare and development project in mining affected areas.
- Remaining funds will be spent on structure developing projects such as making roads, railways, bridges, waterways projects, irrigation and alternative energy sources.
About District Mineral Foundations:
- District Mineral Foundation’s is work for improve economic status and empower communities.
- DMFs will spend 60 percent on high urgency areas including health care, education, drinking water supply, cleanness and skill development.
- Published on: September 18, 2015