Union Government of Environment reconstitutes SEAC-II in Maharashtra [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (MoEFCC) has reconstituted the 2nd SEAC (State Expert Appraisal Committee) in Maharashtra on 22 March 2015. Till October 2016, SEAC-II will have appointed seven members and will be headed by retired IAS officer Johny Joseph as Chairman.
- In 2006, the reconstituted SEAC-II will assess projects falling in category 8 of the schedule of EIA notification 2006 in two cities and the cities name are Mumbai metropolitan region and Konkan division in Maharashtra.
- There are two SEAC-I and SEAC-II committees in Maharashtra and these committees work for project of environment clearance in the states.
- The SEAC-I looks at projects from across the state, while the SEAC-II assess projects from the Mumbai metropolitan region and Konkan division.
- According to State Environment Impact Assessment Authority (SEIAA), both committees recommend either approval or rejection the projects to the State.
- Published on: March 24, 2015