Union HM Rajnath Singh declared 33% reservation for women in paramilitary forces [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Rajnath Singh: Rajnath Singh was born on 10th July 1951. He is an Indian politician belongs to the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is currently serves as the Home Minister of India. He previously served as the Chief Minister of the state of Uttar Pradesh and as a Cabinet Minister in the Vajpayee Government.
- He has also served as the President of the BJP twice from 2005 to 2009 and 2013 to 2014.
- Rajnath Singh had been connected with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh since 1964.
- He was appointed as secretary for the Mirzapur unit of the Bharatiya Jan Sangh, forerunner of Bhartiya Janta Party in 1974.
About reservation for women in military forces:
- Union home minister Rajnath Singh has announced 33 percent reservations for women in all paramilitary forces including Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- This is decided because women share in the force stood at just 5.04 percent.
- So, it’s needed to increase the number of women personnel up to one - third of the overall strength of the force.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 10, 2015