Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare stops sale of Diclofenac in multidose bottle [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Diclofenac: Diclofenac is a non - steroidal anti - inflammatory drug. It is taken or applied to reduce irritation and as pain - relieving in certain conditions. The name “diclofenac” derives from its chemical name: 2- (2, 6-dichloranilino) phe n ylacetic ac id.
- Diclofenac was first produced by Alfred Sallmann and Rudolf Pfister and introduced as Voltaren by Ciba - Geigy in 1973.
About rejection from union ministry:
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare have stopped the sale of Diclofenac in multidose bottle.
- It will be sold only in single - dose bottle packaging for human use.
- This ban was compulsory on approval of Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in order to save and protect predators from control of death.
- For this, MoEFCC has published an official Publication notification no G. S. R 558 (E), banning packaging of multi - dose vial of Diclofenac.
- Predators have a healthy digestive system which can even digest disease - causing pathogens found in decomposing meat of dead.
- But they do not have a critical enzyme that breaks down diclofenac and die of renal failure after eating remains of cattle managed the drug.
- Vultures feeding on cattle having drops of diclofenac either die from severe kidney failure within a few days or lose their ability to reproduce.
- Published on: September 22, 2015