Union Sports Ministry signed MoU with IIFCL to support TOP Scheme for Badminton [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) to support Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOP) Scheme for Badminton sport.
According to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), IIFCL shall contribute 30 crore rupees to the TOP Scheme under its initiatives for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
There are many activities signed with India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) are follows:
- To provide customized training and coaching to TOP Scheme Athletes at institutes/centers having world class facilities under the guidance of renowned coaches
- To provide world class equipment to TOP Scheme Athletes
- To ensure the availability of high quality support staff for the benefit of TOP Scheme Athletes, physiotherapists and sports psychologists and
- To ensure that appropriate support whatever required, including but not limited to medical, nutrition and physiological support.
The National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) was established by the Union Sports Ministry with the objective of promotion of sports in general and specific sports disciplines.
Union Sports Ministry initiated the TOP Scheme under the NSDF (National Sports Development Fund) who are potential medal winners in Olympics and providing support to them for preparation for Olympics.
- Published on: April 6, 2015