United Arab Emirates won the bid to host AFC Asian Cup 2019 [ Current News (Concise) ]
United Arab Emirates (UAE) won the bid to host Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup in 2019 and this game will be the 17th edition of the games. The decision was made by the AFC Executive Committee in a meeting at Manama, Bahrain.
- The UAE defeated Iran Football Federation (IFC) to win the hosting rights by committee member vote. Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Oman and Kuwait had all bid for the event, with China and Bahrain withdrawing after showing initial interest.
- The UAE bid announced to organize the tournament in three cities. These cities are Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al-Ain. These all cities have stadiums that could host the games.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) will be organised second time before it had held the AFC Asian Cup in 1996.
- AFC Asian Cup is an international football tournament which organised by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).
- Published on: March 13, 2015