Urja Mitra Helpline Launches for Power Outages [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Department of Telecom (DoT) of the Union Ministry of Communications and Information Technology has launched Urja Mitra Helpline for customers which will provide information regarding power outages from distribution companies. And the helpline number is 14401.
- Urja Mitra Helpline will send information by voice calls and SMS’s about power situation in their area which will helps them to carryout solution of any electricity related problems.
- Every telecom operators have to provide it compulsory.
- Along with the helpline number, mobile application is also developed by the Power Finance Corporation (PFC) on behalf of the Union Power Ministry.
- This will be a significance move which will improve consumer connect with power distribution companies.
- This will provides information such as outages, complaint redressal, timely release of connections, and power reliability, among others.
About Power Finance Corporation
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd. is a financial institution of India which was founded in 1986 as financial back bone of Indian Power Sector.
- Headquarter: New Delhi
- Currently it is completely owned by the Govt. of India.
- Sh. M K Goel is the current Chairman and Managing Director of Power Finance Corporation.
- Published on: September 12, 2016