V K Singh inaugurates first India-China Yoga College at Yunnan Minzu University China [ Current News (Concise) ]
V K Singh who is Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs inaugurated first India-China Yoga College at Yunnan Minzu University in Kunming, China. This Yoga college is first Indian government institution which related to the Indian spiritual art form and this Yoga college inaugurated by ahead of the first UN Yoga Day to be observed on June 21.
- The Yoga College was established in lines with the MoU (Memorandum of understanding) for establishing the Yoga College signed during the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to China in May 2015.
- Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) will provide two teachers to the university. Apart from this, Minister also unveiled the bust of Rabindranath Tagore at the University to mark his 150th birth centenary.
- Yoga College seeks to provide certification courses in the Indian spiritual art with them Indian teachers who are going to help in curriculum development and training.
- Nobel laureate winner Tagore is most popular Indian literary personality whose works are widely translated and read in China. He was famous for Gitanjali laureate.
- Published on: June 23, 2015