V Narayanasamy Takes Oath as Puducherry CM [ Current News (Concise) ]
V Narayanasamy a Congress Party leader has sworn in as Chief Minister of the Union Territory of Puducherry his oath of office and secrecy is administered by Lt. Governor Kiran Bedi at a function held at the historic Gandhi Thidal in Beach Road.
- Along with him, 5 Congress legislators A Namassivayam, Shah Jahan, M Kandasamy, R Kamalkannan and Malladi Krishna Rao were also takes oath as ministers.
About V Narayanasamy:
- V Narayanasamy is member of Indian National Congress Party.
- He also has served as member of the Parliament as representative of Puducherry in Rajya Sabha for three terms.
- He had served as Minister of State (MoS) Parliamentary Affairs in UPA-I.
- He was elected to Lok Sabha in 2009 and served as Minister of State (MoS) in Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in UPA II.
- Congress-DMK association had emerged victorious in 2016general elections previously in May 2016.
- In the 30 member Territorial Assembly the alliance had secured 17 seats and 15 sets have been won by Congress and 2 by DMK.
- The Narayanasamy is not a member of the house.
- He requires becoming member of house by facing election in 6 months.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 7, 2016